21 Mar Planning a St. Patrick’s Day Wedding
Something old, something new, something borrowed, something green?! Whether they can trace their roots to the Emerald Isle or not, brides getting married over St. Patrick’s Day weekend had the unique opportunity to add a little Irish flair to their wedding day. With the St. Patrick’s Day holiday just in the rear-view mirror, I thought it would be fun to look at how some of this theming could fit into your wedding.
When it comes to planning a St. Paddy’s Day-themed wedding, there’s so much more you can do than serving green beer and shamrock-shaped cookies. Here are five fun and quirky ways that Huffington Post recently detailed to bring a little luck of the Irish to a wedding day!
1. Give the Big Day an Irish Blessing – Consider welcoming your wedding guests to their seats with a hand-written thank-you note along with an Irish blessing on the note.
2. Get Whiskey’d Away – Give your guests a real taste of Ireland with a delicious sampling of Irish coffee.
3. Dress for the Occasion – Add some green cheer to your ensemble with mint-colored shoes, emerald earrings, or a small teal flower in your hair.
4. Dance to a Celtic Beat – Look to your local community center to find an Irish dance troupe that can entertain guests during your cocktail hour.
5. Strike Gold – Many of bridal parties are adding pot of gold centerpieces to their dining tables and handing out lucky clover accessories (some couples are even adding four-leaf clovers as a garnish to their specialty drinks)!
To learn more about these ideas and to read the complete article click on the link below:
These are just a few of the many ideas that are out there. What other ways can you think of to incorporate St. Patrick’s Day into a wedding? Would love to hear your ideas so please share them with our blog community!